Amazon brought Prime Day back (and, for the first time, I get to bring you all the best Amazon Prime Day deals for your home! )
After a crazy year (who would have thought that by mid-year the term “2020” would become an adjective that meant something like, “horrible, unexpected, and overwhelming”? As in, “that’s so 2020”), finally some good news.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning I might make a small commission (at no extra cost to you) if you click on a link and make a purchase.
You can read our full disclosure here.
What is Amazon Prime Day and How Does It Work?
That’s right. October 13-14, 2020 is Amazon Prime Day this year, an exclusive Amazon Prime members-only event with sales prices that can sometimes rival Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
Deals go live on a daily or hourly basis. Some deals are considered “lightning deals” and are only available at a certain time and end when a deal is fully claimed.
What if I’m not a member of Amazon Prime?
Not a member of Amazon Prime? No worries! You can trial it FREE and take advantage of Prime Days and everything else Prime has to offer during your trial period (free 2-day shipping on many items is only one of the many benefits.)
What do I need to know about Amazon Prime Day?
Sales on Prime Day tend to go FAST.
My big tips would be to know what you’re looking for, grab the lightning deals and check out immediately for each one so you don’t miss out.
Also, make use of the waitlist option. You never know if somebody will change their mind last minute at checkout or cancel an order and suddenly open up a spot you can grab if you’re on the waitlist.
Better yet, look for “upcoming deals” and put an item in your cart in advance so you’re ready to go when the timer starts.
But enough chit-chat. On to the deals!
I’ll be updating the Prime Day deals for your home on this page as I discover them. Check back often!
Please note that I have not personally used every item on this list, although I have done my best to either list products I have used or I know have a good reputation. When I’m not sure about an item, I go and look at how many positive reviews it has and select a deal that way.
(p.s. Due to how fast deals come and go for Prime Day, this list may not have the most up-to-date information. Always double-check to see if the deal is still in effect if you are interested in an item!)
Best Prime Day Deals for Home
- Instant Pot Ultra 3 Qt 10-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker – we have a different model, but we love our Instant Pot for quick meals. My friend says she’s cooked a chicken from frozen. I haven’t been so brave yet, but it was the comment that convinced me to buy an Instant Pot. I mean, I always forget to thaw my meat in time for making dinner!
- Instant Pot Aura Pro Multi-Use Programmable Slow Cooker with Sous Vide, 8 Quart
- iRobot Roomba 692 Robot Vacuum – we have a different model–I think, not actually sure about that, it was a Christmas present–but watching my little robot helper, Rosie, do her thing is great family entertainment and a time saver for me.
- TUFT & NEEDLE – Original Queen Adaptive Foam Mattress – we own a king size, a full sized, AND a twin-sized of this bed and love them. Highly recommend!
- Echo Show 5 – I have to admit, these are pretty cool. My dad has one and it shows recipes and news headlines and I always learn something new, just walking in his house.
- Echo Dot (3rd Gen) – Smart speaker with Alexa – Charcoal
- Certified Refurbished Ring Video Doorbell Pro – we got one when there was a rash of package thievery over the holidays at our old house. Our new home has one, too. It’s especially useful for seeing when items are delivered.
- Blink Mini – Compact indoor plug-in smart security camera, 1080 HD video, motion detection, night vision, Works with Alexa
- Amazon Music Unlimited – monthly music membership
- Shark ION Robot Vacuum AV751 Wi-Fi Connected, 120min Runtime, Works with Alexa, Multi-Surface Cleaning
- Anova Culinary AN500-US00 Sous Vide Precision Cooker (WiFi)
- PowerLix Milk Frother Handheld Battery Operated Electric Foam Maker (this one has over 22k 5-star ratings)
- Milk Frother, Aicok Electric Milk Steamer with Hot or Cold Milk Froth
- Milk Frother, Electric Milk Steamer with Hot or Cold Functionality, Automatic Milk Frother and Warmer – we have a similar one and enjoy the luxury of warm, frothy milk in our morning coffee!
- Beeswax Food Wraps 6-Pack – an earth-friendly plastic wrap alternative.
- Porcelain Serving Bowl Set Nesting Bowls – Set of 2
- AmazonBasics 18-Piece White Kitchen Dinnerware Set – I ordered a set for myself! (Well, for my family). Our main set is one I’ve had since I was single, and a bunch of pieces have broken or disappeared over the years. So I was excited to find a nice plain white design that was super affordable. Thanks, Prime Days!
- AmazonBasics Stemless Wine Glasses (Set of 4) – I have a different brand, but they are my favorite glasses, even when I’m not drinking any wine.
- AmazonBasics Enameled Cast Iron Covered Dutch Oven, 6-Quart, White
- Zwilling J.A. Henckels Spirit Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set, 10-pc, Stainless Steel
- Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker – I have my eye on the cute teal one!
- Artistic Weavers Desta Area Rug, 7’10” x 10’2″, Charcoal
- Walker Edison WE Furniture TV Stand 58″ White/Rustic Oak,
- Modway Region Linen Fabric Upholstered Twin Headboard in Gray with Nailhead Trim
- Plastic Stackable Geometric Jewelry Tray super cute!
- Fringed Wall Art Brass Wall Hanging Tassel Handmade Wall Décor
- Succulents, 11-Pack
- AmazonBasics 11″ x 14″ Photo Picture Frame or 8″ x 10″ with Mat – Black, 2-Pack
- Homitt Electric Spin Scrubber, Bathroom Scrubber with 4 Replaceable Cleaning Shower Scrubber Brush Heads – This came recommended to me. I’m super intrigued. I hate scrubbing showers!
- AmazonBasics Blue, White, and Yellow Microfiber Cleaning Cloth – Pack of 24, I use these for everyday cleaning!
- Microfiber Dual Action Kitchen Scrub Sponge (5 Pack) – I use these to scrub pretty much anything. Pop in the washing machine and they’re ready to go all over again, just like a microfiber cloth, but with some extra scrubbing ability.
Organizing and Storage
- Clear Plastic Acrylic Jar for Cotton Balls or Q-Tips – great for bathroom storage
- Under sink organizer – kitchen sink storage that makes room for the pipes.
- Wire Metal Baskets with Handles – I’d use these to organize in a pantry or on open shelving.
- Fabric Storage boxes – for shelf and closet organization.
- 6-Pack Gray and White Fabric Storage Baskets – another option for shelf and closet organization.
- Extra Large Storage Basket (black and white, great for Boho or Farmhouse decor), especially as a toy bin or place to store throw pillows or blankets.
- Over the Sink Dish Drying Rack – I’ve heard good things about this style, although the price is on the higher side, the Prime Deal makes it more affordable
- Storage Bins with Label Holders, Set of 6 Foldable Storage Cubes 12 X 12 inch for the ubiquitous cubby storage shelving. I’ve used these for my son’s toys, blocks, etc. for most of his life.
- Felt Foldable Storage Baskets 3 Pack – a cute felted option for shelf and closet storage.
- White 3 Tier Rolling Utility Storage Cart I’d use this for craft/art supplies for my son! Just roll back into a closet when you’re done.
- Black and white alphabet Square Storage Bins Waterproof Canvas Kids – so cute! Great for toy storage.
- Stuffed Animal Storage Bean Bag Chair Cover for Kids – while we no longer have ours (didn’t fit in his room), we got a similar one of these bean bags for our son’s giant stuffed animal collection. Just unzip, stuff full of stuffed animals, zip back up, and voila! A chair!
- AmazonBasics Slim, Velvet, Non-Slip Clothes Suit Hangers, Black/Silver – having matching hangers for your clothes makes a closet look so much more appealing. And velvet hangers help keep fabric from slipping off the hanger. This is a great price for a larger pack of hangers.
- The Home Edit: A Guide to Organizing and Realizing Your House Goals (Includes Refrigerator Labels) – you may have seen the show on Netflix recently … here’s the book!
- Audible – annual audiobook membership – listen to books while running errands, doing chores, or just to relax.
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case – For listening to all those Audible books! 😉
- Lucky Brand Womens Mother-of-Pearl Drop Earrings – have great reviews and I like that they are made of sterling silver, as my ears are sensitive. Considering getting a pair for myself.
- Lucky Brand Simple Life Hinge Cuff Bracelet – a sleek gold/silver design.
- Weighted Blanket 20 lbs (60”x80”, Grey, Queen Size), Cooling Weighted Blanket for Adult – weighted blankets are said to be calming if you struggle with anxiety.
- Garmin Smart Watch – (White & Rose Gold! So pretty.)
- Hush Puppies Chaste ballet flat – comes in a variety of colors. Not all sizes are part of the Prime Day deal, so be sure to double-check if you order.
- The Highly Sensitive Parent: Be Brilliant in Your Role, Even When the World Overwhelms You – I just ordered this for myself. I’ve found a lot of times when those of us who are “highly sensitive” (not to be confused with “too sensitive” or “emotional”) are surrounded by clutter it overwhelms us. I’m interested to read how this impacts me as a mother.
Kids and Families
- Dohm (White/Gray) The Original White Noise Machine – THE BEST white noise machine for kids and their parents. Hands-down my biggest sleep-sanity-saver when my son was a baby. We have one in our bedroom, too!
- Amazon Kids+ (formerly FreeTime Unlimited) – apps, videos, and games for kids.
- Fire HD 8 Kids Edition tablet, 8″ HD display, 32 GB, Blue Kid-Proof Case
- Beats Solo Pro Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear Headphones – for the older kids and teens.
- Wembley Kids’ (8-12 Years) Washable Face Mask – Cotton with Earloops – Great for school.
- Prove Multifunction Infrared Thermometer | 4-in-1 Infrared Thermometer for Kids and Adults – we have an infrared thermometer (because 2020) and use it daily. I love that I don’t have to worry about sanitizing in between uses and can quickly scan all members of our family in seconds before we go out anywhere.
- Osmo – Little Genius Starter Kit for Fire Tablet – 4 Hands-On Learning Games – Preschool Ages – for the youngest learners.
- Osmo – Little Genius Starter Kit for iPad
- Osmo – Genius Starter Kit for iPad + Family Game Night – 7 Hands-On Learning Games for Spelling, Math & More – Ages 6-10 iPad Base Included – Amazon Exclusive. We have this kit and our 6 year old son loves it.
- Magna-Tiles Clear Colors 100 Piece Set – a classic building set that encourages open-ended play. (The only kind of play I’ll allow that includes multiple pieces that tend to go everywhere, lol.)
- 12-inch 60-Minute Visual Timer For Kids, – this one looks like it comes in two sizes. I use a visual timer with my son to help him understand the passage of time during activities. (It helps with the whole, “is it time yet?!” question).
- Kids Against Maturity: Card Game for Kids and Families, Super Fun Hilarious for Family Party Game Night – I’ll be honest. It sounds like a kid-safe version of a very not-kids-safe game, but … I just put this in my cart because the description made me laugh out loud. I believe this is a flash deal, so if making your kids laugh with fart jokes is up your alley … maybe grab this one fast.
- Sivio Weighted Blanket for Kids 36×48 Inches (100% Breathable Natural Cotton, 5 lbs Heavy Blanket), Pink Cat – weighted blankets can help kids regulate emotions and self-soothe.
- Weighted Blanket for Kids (5 lbs, 36″ x 48″, Blue Sailboat) – weighted blankets can help kids regulate emotions and self-soothe.
- Hasbro Games (lots to choose from! Our favorites are Pandemic, Ticket to Ride, and Throw Throw Burrito).
- Elmer’s Glue Sticks, 30 Count – SUPER low stock-up price for school and art projects!
Early Gift Shopping
- Fossil Women’s Original Boyfriend Stainless Steel and Leather Chronograph Quartz Watch – gift something feminine and useful.
- Bulova Men’s Classic Quartz Watch with Stainless-Steel Strap, Silver – if this deal is still available, it’s a crazy good steal for a high-end brand.
- Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series II) Wireless Headphones – these noise-canceling headphones are perfect for getting work done at home, or even just some relief from screaming kids (or babies! My husband and I definitely made use of ours when our son had colic. We’d take turns soothing and wearing the headset for our own sanity while the other parent got a chance to take a break.)
- 360Feel Men’s Soap bar Handmade – 4 Man Soap Bar -Masculine fragrance- Bay Rum, Patchouli, Pine Tar with Charcoal Beeswax, Citrus – Gift pack – a step above soap-on-a-rope, perhaps, but it looks like it smells so good!
- Hallmark All Occasion Wrapping Paper Bundle (Gold & White), I find that Hallmark wrapping paper is best quality, so I try to stick with them if possible.
- Instax Mini 11 Instant Camera – the modern-day Polaroid camera that is so popular, especially among “VSCO girls” (if you have one, you know). I have one and it is so much fun to take actual instant photographs, complete with the iconic need to “shake it” to dry.
(If I find anything just plain amazing, odd, funny, or too weird not to share, I’ll put it here. Enjoy. 😂)
- Rocketbook Fusion Smart Reusable Notebook – Calendar, To-Do Lists, and Note Template Pages with 1 Pilot Frixion Pen & 1 Microfiber Cloth Included – Neptune Teal Cover, Letter Size (8.5″ x 11″) – take a picture to add to an app, wipe off, and reuse!
- Gold Square Toilet Brush Holder for Bathroom – I usually like my toilet brush stand to be unobtrusive. But if you want to stand out, why not a shiny gold one? 😉
- Furbo Dog Camera: Treat Tossing, Full HD Wifi Pet Camera and 2-Way Audio – I’ll be honest. I’ve been wanting to try one of these!
- LifeStraw Personal Water Filter – I’m so intrigued. Enough that I think I’m getting one for myself, for emergency preparedness. I wonder if it makes tap water from water fountains taste better …
- Exploding Kittens Card Game (hilarious and wrong. Not TOO wrong … just, probably best for 8 and up wrong. We bring this game out for fun with family and friends. My niece and nephew died laughing, and our friends thought it was amazing. Still, don’t say I didn’t warn you … there is talk of back hair and puking and, well, I’ll let you find out the rest. Suffice it to say, one of our favorite games.)
- Countertop Nugget Ice Maker – because it would be the ultimate luxury to have Sonic-style ice at my command.
- I Adulted!: Stickers for Grown-Ups – This paperback book is AWESOME. I feel like we all need this book. If a gold star ever motivated you … perhaps stickers as rewards for adulting (cleaning house, decluttering, organizing your pantry, anyone?) is just what you need.
If you’re new here, welcome! I’m Andrea Brame, and I am obsessed with all things decluttering, organizing, and simplifying at home.
I started This Modern Mess to help other women (especially moms with kids at home!) conquer the chaos in their homes so they can spend less time doing housework and more time with the people they love, doing the things they enjoy.
Sound good? Take a look around! Here are some recent posts to get you started on your path to simplifying your home:
Want even more inspiration? Like our Facebook page for daily inspiration and join the Clutter Fighters private decluttering Facebook group where we cheer each other on in our journey to conquer the chaos!